Thursday 5 May 2011

A Helping Hand

It has been a while since I last posted, but life has been chaotic.  However, what I am learning is that sometimes we just need to ask for help.  I cannot truly speak for anyone but myself, but I suspect there are many of us in the same boat.  Growing up I learned about either being dependent on someone or independent.  I did not learn about being interdependent.  Mostly, I have been too independent my whole life, not really even realizing that I need help, let alone asking for it, but sometimes a situation comes along and you give your head a shake and realize that not only is asking for help necessary - it's OK!

I am learning that to be interdependent is the best and healthiest thing.  After all,  we all need help sometimes.  When one person needs help, someone else picks up the slack and lends and hand and once the person who receives the help feels better, that person can then give help to another person.  This is how it should work.  This is what makes a great relationship.  This is what makes community.

So for all of you who are struggling, whether it is with work, finances, childcare, fixing something around the house, or how to cook a certain dish for dinner - it is OK to ask for help!  I did it this week and I am glad I did, because I really needed it!

Find your passion.  Love your passion.  Live your passion.

1 comment: